girl in the look book

Rebecca Delgado, Acting Student

By Amy Larocca
Published Jun 17, 2007

What are you up to today?
I’m looking for a summer job, and then I’m going to see Charlie Sheen at the Actors Studio.

Are you a Charlie Sheen fan?
Not at all, actually. But I have a friend visiting, and I thought it would be kind of cool for her. I’m in acting school.

Where do you study?
At the Stella Adler Studio. I just finished my first year. I’m Swedish, so I was in film school in Denmark before, and this is way, way harder.

Do all Swedish people wear tons of H&M?
Yes. I think of it like this: There’s church and then there’s H&M. You just stop in on the way home from work; it’s what you do. I also wear a lot of my mom’s old clothes. But absolutely, I spend so much money at H&M.

What kind of actress would you like to be?
I would like to work in film, but I also like doing Shakespeare and Chekhov. But Almodóvar is my god. And talk about personal style!

Are there actresses you admire?
Cate Blanchett, obviously, but I mostly like actors—the men.

Do you plan to stay in New York?
I love aspects of Sweden, but this is where I want to stay. I just have to find a husband.

How’s that going?
It’s complicated. I would really like to be able to say that, yes, I have a boyfriend. But not yet.

Do you date actors?
I think that’s dangerous, because we are all so sensitive.

Are you?
Yes, unfortunately! I’m working on it, though.