bettie mae page

"I never thought it was shameful. I felt normal. It's just that it was much better than pounding a typewriter eight hours a day, which gets monotonous." she was the first fetish/bondage model. she only started modeling after she graduated from college, which i think is very cool. in a way i see her as a feminist because she didn't just become a secretary to make money, she did risky business for the 1950s and took control on what she would do in life. i have always been influenced by her look, and she is the reason i first cut my bangs in high school and continued to have them. one time, one of my sister's friends said my bangs reminded her of bettie page and it made me so happy and feel so cool. i like that some of her images are even a bit hard to look at nowadays, at least for me. i think its cool that she invented a genre and is still famous for it. also, it looks like she's having fun. she died yesterday at the age of 85 in LA.